Research Assistant – Bluesky Equities Ltd.
Bluesky Equities Ltd. is a Calgary-based, privately-held investment management company with interests
in energy, real estate and alternative investments. We are a small group looking for a motivated team
player to assist in the due diligence on investment opportunities, track performance of existing positions
and facilitate organization within the business. As this is an entry level or junior position, we are looking
for someone with 5 years or less of relevant experience, and no relocation allowance will be provided.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Performing comprehensive market and industry research.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of existing investments.
- Extracting data, conducting analysis and communicating results for a variety of investment opportunities.
- Database management.
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate records.
- Preparing, maintaining and updating website materials.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have:
- Achieved academic excellence while obtaining a university degree in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience conducting research through various sources and evaluating, articulating and presenting conclusions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and a familiarity with economic concepts.
- A passion for learning; can quickly get “up to speed” on a variety of new topics.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and creatively in an unstructured environment.
- Willing to deal with and take responsibility for completion of routine tasks.
- Self‐motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty and ethics; ability to safeguard all confidential information.
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful.
- High attention to detail.
Our ideal candidate is a mathematically inclined organizational guru with boundless curiosity who can
work independently, think creatively and approaches both research papers and essential administrative
tasks with equal enthusiasm.
In lieu of a traditional cover letter, interested parties must write 200 words or less answering one of the
- What will be the most profitable application of blockchain technology outside of cryptocurrency?
- If you were to invest in multifamily residential apartments in Texas, which city would you choose and why?
Candidates must email both their answer and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the
heading “Research Assistant” by December 15, 2017 to be considered for the position. Due to the high
volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted